A.P. Pharma, Inc. (OTCQB:APPA.PK), a specialty pharmaceutical company, today reported financial results for its second quarter ended June 30, 2011 and highlighted its recent corporate progress.
- On May 2, 2011, A.P. Pharma closed a private placement financing for $1.5 million in convertible notes, with an additional $3.0 million available to the Company at the investors’ discretion within two years of the closing date.
- On June 29, 2011, the Company announced it entered into a definitive agreement for a $24.0 million private placement of common stock and warrants. The financing closed on July 1, 2011.
- In July 2011, the Company enrolled its first patient in a thorough QT study for APF530. The study will examine the effect of APF530 on the QT interval in healthy volunteers. In order to start the thorough QT study promptly, the Company decided to separate this study from a planned metabolism study. The Company expects to report the results of both studies in Q1 2012.
“Following the close of our recent financing, we initiated the planned thorough QT study for APF530,” said John Whelan, A.P. Pharma's president and chief executive officer. “As a result of the study’s timely start, we believe that we continue to be on track to resubmit the APF530 New Drug Application during the first half of 2012.”
Results of OperationsA.P. Pharma’s net loss for the second quarter of 2011 was $1.9 million, or $0.05 per share, compared with a net loss of $3.6 million, or $0.09 per share, for the second quarter of 2010. The net loss was lower in the current fiscal quarter primarily due to expenses related to the resignation of the Company's former chief executive officer during the second quarter of 2010 and $0.6 million of lower spending in the current fiscal quarter related to the New Drug Application (NDA) resubmission. In May 2011, the Company received notice of termination from Merial Limited related to an agreement covering a product under development in the animal health care market. As a result, all remaining deferred revenues under this agreement were substantially recognized in the current fiscal quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV