Tripp Levy PLLC Announces Class Action Lawsuit Against Emdeon Inc.
Tripp Levy PLLC, a leading national securities law firm, announces that a lawsuit has been filed on behalf of Emdeon Inc. (NYSE: EM) shareholders in connection the acquisition of the company. Under the terms of the buyout transaction, the private equity firms Blackstone, Hellman & Friedman, and General Atlantic are buying the remaining shares of Emdeon that they do not already own for only $19 per share.
Blackstone, Hellman and General Atlantic own approx. 70% of Emdeon’s common stock and have agreed to vote their shares in favor of the acquisition.
The lawsuit concerns, among other things, whether the consideration to be paid to Emdeon shareholders is grossly unfair, inadequate, and substantially below the fair or inherent value of Emdeon. Indeed, analysts have projected that the true inherent value of the company is worth at least $21 per share. The lawsuit further concerns whether Hellman and General Atlantic, as well as the board of directors of Emdeon may have breached their fiduciary duties by not acting in Emdeon shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process of Emdeon.
If you own Emdeon common stock and you wish to discuss this matter with us, or have any questions concerning your rights and interests with regard to this matter, please contact:
|Tripp Levy PLLC|
|125 East 82 nd Street|
|9 th Floor|
|New York, New York|
|Toll Free: 877-772-3975|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV