Total non-interest expense increased 12.6% to $8.2 million in the second quarter of 2011, compared with $7.2 million in the second quarter of 2010. Salary and benefit costs rose 6.2% to $3.9 million, other real estate expenses increased 8.3% to $571,000 and other expense was up 28.9% to $2.9 million, all compared with the second quarter of 2010.
United Security Bancshares and First United Security Bank continued to be rated as ‘well-capitalized,’ the highest regulatory rating, as of June 30, 2011. Total risk-based capital was 17.1% for the Company and for the Bank, compared with a regulatory requirement of 10.0% for a well-capitalized institution and a minimum regulatory requirement of 8.0%. Tier 1 risk-based capital was 15.8% for the Company and for the Bank, both measures significantly above the requirement of 6.0% for a well-capitalized institution and minimum regulatory requirement of 4.0%.
Six Months Results
For the first six months of 2011, net income attributable to USBI was $1.7 million, or $0.29 per diluted share, compared with $2.9 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, for the first six months of 2010.For the six months ended June 30, 2011, net interest income increased 2.5% to $17.4 million, compared with $17.0 million for the same period of 2010. Net interest margin improved to 6.18% for the first six months of 2011 from 5.61% in the first six months of 2010. Provision for loan losses was $2.9 million in the first six months of 2011, compared with $5.4 million in the first six months of 2010. Non-interest income declined to $3.4 million for the first six months of 2011, compared with $7.0 million for the same period of 2010. The 2010 results included an insurance settlement of $4.2 million arising from the proceeds of the Company’s fidelity bond claim that was included in other income for the first six months of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV