FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT ETF (REM) follows the FTSE NAREIT All Mortgage Capped Index which consists of the residential and commercial real estate, mortgage finance and savings associations in the U.S. equity market. The fund was launched in May 2007. The expense ratio is .48%. AUM equal $180 million and average daily trading volume is over 115,000 shares. As of mid-July 2011 the annual dividend was $1.39 making the current dividend over 9% with year-to-date return of -1%. The flow-through from many REITs structured in this manner consists of a return of principal often making the yield misleading.
Data as of July 2011
REM Top 10 Holdings and Weightings
1. Annaly Capital Management (NLY): 22.06%2. American Capital Agency (AGNC): 7.91% 3. Chimera Investment (CIM): 7.52% 4. New York Community Bancorp (NYB): 6.15% 5. MFA Financial (MFA): 4.61% 6. People's United Financial (PBCT): 3.53% 7. Hatteras Financial (HTS): 3.37% 8. Hudson City Bancorp (HCBK): 3.16% 9. Invesco Mortgage Capital (IVR): 3.14% 10. Starwood Property Trust (STWD): 3.14% Schwab U.S. REIT ETF (SCHH) follows the Dow Jones U.S. Select REIT Index. The fund is quite new being launched in January 2011. The expense ratio is .13%. It should be noted that uniquely the ETF allows investors to trade this commission free for Schwab customers. A similar ETF was just launched by FocusShares (FRL) featuring a similar arrangement with Scottrade. AUM is $154 million and averaged daily trading volume is 75,000 shares. As of mid-July 2011 the annual dividend is projected at $.14 making the current yield less than .50%. This may be misleading since the fund is quite young. The year-to-date return over the same period however is roughly 12.50%. Data as of July 2011 SCHH 10 Ten Holdings and Weightings 1. Simon Property Group (SPG): 10.05% 2. Equity Residential (EQR): 5.22% 3. Vornado Realty Trust Shs of Benef Int (VNO): 5.07% 4. Public Storage (PSA): 4.75% 5. Boston Properties (BXP): 4.56% 6. Prologis (PLD): 4.49% 7. HCP (HCP): 4.40% 8. Host Hotels & Resorts (HST): 3.43% 9. AvalonBay Communities (AVB): 3.23% 10. Health Care REIT (HCN): 2.74% iShares FTSE NAREIT Residential ETF (REZ) follows the FTSE NAREIT All Residential Capped Index which measure the residential real estate, health care and self storage sectors of the U.S. market. The fund was launched in May 2007. The expense ratio is .48%. AUM equal $156 million and average daily trading volume is around 36,000 shares. As of mid-July 2011 the annual dividend was $1.45 making the current yield 3.30% and year-to-date return 13.50%. Data as of July 2011 REZ Top 10 Holdings and Weightings 1. Equity Residential (EQR): 10.41% 2. HCP. (HCP): 8.79% 3. Public Storage (PSA): 8.61% 4. AvalonBay Communities (AVB): 6.62% 5. Health Care REIT (HCN): 5.48% 6. Ventas (VTR): 5.08% 7. Nationwide Health Properties (NHP): 4.53% 8. UDR (UDR): 4.41% 9. Camden Property Trust (CPT): 4.32% 10. Essex Property Trust (ESS): 4.30% First Trust REIT ETF (FRI) follows the S&P United States REIT Index measures the investable U.S. REIT market. The fund was launched in May 2007. The expense ratio is .50%. AUM are just under $100 million and average daily trading volume is around 65,000 shares. As of mid-July 2011 the annual dividend is $.40 making the current yield 2.44% with a year-to-date return of 11.55%. Data as of July 2011 FRI Top 10 Holdings and Weightings 1. Simon Property Group (SPG): 9.29% 2, Equity Residential (EQR): 4.82% 3. Public Storage (PSA): 4.38% 4. Vornado Realty Trust Shs of Benef Int (VNO): 4.26% 5. Boston Properties (BXP): 4.09% 6. HCP (HCP): 4.03% 7. Host Hotels & Resorts (HST): 3.17% 8. General Growth Properties (GGP): 3.07% 9. AvalonBay Communities (AVB): 3.04% 10. ProLogis (Old) (PLD): 2.50%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV