NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Brown & Brown (NYSE:BRO) is Monday, August 8, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 8 cents per share. At a price of $20.43 as of 10:03 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 1.5%. The average volume for Brown & Brown has been 890,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Brown & Brown has a market cap of $3.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 12.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Brown & Brown, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a diversified insurance agency, wholesale brokerage, insurance programs, and service organization in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.5, above the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 19.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about BRO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV