ATLANTA, Aug. 5, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Gwinnett Innovation Park ( www.gwinnettinnovationpark.com), a unique, affordable, low risk space alternative for start-ups, entrepreneurs, independent professionals and teleworkers, announced today the launch of the eHub Founders Grant which over the next 12 months will provide Atlanta-based entrepreneurs with $100,000. The Founders Grant is designed to give back to the entrepreneurial community by rewarding entrepreneurial excellence and helping deserving companies continue on their path to success. The Founders Grant is part of the eHub Nspire Program which helps support Atlanta technology entrepreneurs by providing them with resources and benefits to help them succeed, including office space at Gwinnett Innovation Park at no cost for one year.
"As an alternative to the famous 'shark tank,' the Founders Grant is designed to help our entrepreneurs succeed. The Founders Grant allows entrepreneurs to retain full ownership and is designed to create a supportive and collaborative sanctuary," said Leland Strange, local serial entrepreneur, investor and supporter of hundreds of technology companies in the Atlanta area over the last 30 years. "I know firsthand the importance of added resources during critical times in a company's development. The Founders Grant rewards an Nspire company with $25,000 each quarter - no strings attached - to help them continue to grow and succeed. While we are invested in their success, the Nspire company will retain full ownership of the company. The Gwinnett Innovation Park Trustees are here only as a resource to help them succeed."
Paul Freet, Catalyst with the ATDC Gwinnett initiative, commented on the Founders Grant and Nspire Program. "It's great to see the commitment of Gwinnett Innovation Park and its entrepreneurial leaders to bring needed resources and funding to support the technology start-up community in Gwinnett. Both ATDC and GIP have a long history of helping entrepreneurs grow and succeed and I am sure these programs will inspire even more success stories in Gwinnett."
Network, Inspire and GrowThe Founders Grant provides a $25,000 stipend each quarter to a member of the recently launched Nspire Program. The Gwinnett Innovation Park Trustees, a panel of distinguished entrepreneurs and Atlanta business professionals, will select the quarterly honoree based on the merits of the business plan and business opportunity of an Nspire company that has been a resident for at least one quarter. The Nspire Program includes:
- Establish office in eHub at no cost for one year
- Access to experienced, successful business executives including face-to-face time with successful serial entrepreneur and monthly marketing and PR advice sessions
- Office space in an open plan environment
- Eligible for Gwinnett Innovation Park Founders Grant
- Opportunity to learn from Gwinnett Innovation Park's more than 20 years of support for emerging businesses
- Professional but friendly environment with peer-to-peer networking
- Convenient access to I-85
- Onsite director and facilities staff
- Eight conference rooms (hold 4 to 45 people)
- VOIP phone system with voice mail and auto attendant
- Security Systems with 24/7 electronic access
- Loading dock/staging area
- Wi-Fi with High Speed Internet
- Snack bars and kitchen
- Onsite FedEx and UPS