Brookfield Office Properties Inc. (BPO: NYSE, TSX) today announced that net income attributable to common shareholders for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 was $631 million or $1.11 per diluted share, compared with $172 million or $0.31 per diluted share in the second quarter of 2010.
Funds from operations (“FFO”) for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 was $166 million or $0.30 per diluted common share, compared with $156 million or $0.30 per diluted common share on a comparable basis during the same period in 2010. FFO in the prior period with an investment gain was $209 million or $0.40 per diluted common share.
Commercial property net operating income for the second quarter of 2011 increased to $217 million, compared with $180 million in the second quarter of 2010, largely as a result of the contribution from the Australian portfolio acquired in September 2010.
OUTLOOK“As we witness an improvement in vacancy rates, steady demand and controlled supply within our primary markets, we remain optimistic about our performance over the balance of the year and the next few years to come,” stated Ric Clark, chief executive officer of Brookfield Office Properties. “Our high-quality portfolio of commercial properties located in the world’s most dynamic commercial centers allows us to build deep, long-term ties to corporate tenants around the globe.” HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SECOND QUARTER Leased 1.6 million square feet of space during the quarter at an average net rent of $26.74 per square foot. The portfolio occupancy rate finished the quarter at 93.3%. Highlights from the quarter include: Houston – 454,000 square feet
- A seven-year renewal with Chevron for 311,000 square feet at Continental Center I
- An 11-year lease with Forrest Oil for 43,000 square feet at One Allen Center
- A 10-year renewal and expansion with Citco Inc. for 116,000 square feet at Hudson’s Bay Centre
- A 10-year renewal and expansion with the McGraw-Hill Companies for 37,000 square feet at Exchange Tower
- An 11-year expansion with Royal Bank of Canada for 112,000 square feet at Three World Financial Center
- A 12-year lease with Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton for 45,000 square feet at the Grace Building
- A 10-year renewal with Bank of America for 173,000 square feet at Bank of America Plaza
- A 12-year lease with LPL Holdings for 69,000 square feet at 75 State Street, subsequent to quarter-end
- A 10-year lease with L.E.K. Consulting for 61,000 square feet at 75 State Street
- A pool of eight U.S. Office Fund assets for $650 million at an interest rate of LIBOR + 3.25% for a three-year term plus two one-year extensions
- Two Allen Center, Houston, for $200 million at an interest rate of 6.45% for a seven-year term
- Three Allen Center, Houston, for $165 million at an interest rate of 6.12% for a five-year term
- RBC Plaza, Minneapolis, for $66 million at an interest rate of LIBOR + 2.0% for a two-year extension
- 2401 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington, DC for $30 million at an interest rate of LIBOR + 2.20% for a three-year term plus two one-year extensions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV