The stock gained 4.7% to $100 in after-hours action on volume of nearly 450,000. LinkedIn made its market debut on May 19, pricing 7.8 million shares at $45 each.
Other stocks making notable moves in late trades included MIPS Technologies (MIPS), which was down more than 25% after falling short of Wall Street's profit view for its fiscal fourth quarter and announcing the retirement of its Chief Financial Officer Maury Austin; First Solar (FSLR), which slid more than 2% after missing the average analysts' earnings estimate for its second quarter by more than 20% and lowering its full-year outlook; and Sandridge Energy (SD), which tumbled 6% after delivering a weak second quarter.
-- Written by Michael Baron in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV