Orion Energy Systems, Inc. (NYSE Amex: OESX), a leading power technology enterprise, announced today its financial results for its fiscal 2012 first quarter ended June 30, 2011.
First Quarter of Fiscal 2012
For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, Orion reported revenues of $22.8 million, a 34% increase compared to $17.0 million for the first quarter of fiscal 2011.
Total backlog at the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012 was $11.6 million compared to $3.6 million at the end of the fiscal 2011 first quarter and $7.8 million at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.For the first quarter of fiscal 2012, the Company reported a net loss of $(0.2) million, or $(0.01) per share. For the first quarter of fiscal 2011, the Company’s net loss was $(0.5) million, or $(0.02) per share. Due to the recently completed restatement of the Company’s financial statements resulting from the change to sales-type capital lease treatment of its OTA contracts, the Company will no longer provide contracted revenues. The Company believes that contracted revenues can still be determined based upon the quarterly GAAP revenue reported plus or minus the change in order backlog from the prior reporting period. Key Business Highlights During the first quarter of fiscal 2012:
- Orion increased the number of facilities retrofitted with its Compact Modular high-intensity fluorescent lighting technology to 7,097 as of the end of the fiscal 2012 first quarter (compared to 6,807 as of the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011), representing 1.1 billion square feet of installed facilities.
- Total deployments of the Company’s InteLite ® wireless controls increased to 637 customer locations, consisting of 78,564 dynamic control devices (or transceivers) and 580 control panels (compared to 72,526 transceivers and 573 control panels as of the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011). The deployments represent 35.4 million square feet of installed facilities as of the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012 (compared to 32.6 million square feet as of the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011).
- Total Apollo ® solar light pipes installed increased to 12,602 total units (compared to 11,787 total units as of the end of the fourth quarter 2011), representing 5.7 million square feet of installed facilities as of the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2012 (compared to 5.3 million square feet of installed facilities as of the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011).
- In June 2011, Orion completed a $2.8 million round of OTA debt funding. The completed debt agreement represents the third individual tranche of funding secured for financing OTA contracts during the past twelve months. The Company now has multiple sources to finance its OTA contracts.
- Orion completed its financial restatement related to the reclassification of OTA finance contracts as sales-type capital lease contracts. The resulting restatement from operating leases to sales-type leases resulted in incremental revenues of $2.7 million for fiscal 2010 and $2.8 million for fiscal 2011. Earnings per share improved by $0.03 for fiscal 2010 and $0.02 for fiscal 2011. The Company also completed the filing of its fiscal 2011 Form 10-K and its amended 10-Qs for fiscal 2010 and 2011, thereby regaining full SEC reporting compliance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.