PC Connection, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCCC):
SECOND QUARTER SUMMARY:
- Q2 net sales: $512.6 million, up 7% year over year
- Record gross margin: 13.0% of net sales
- Operating income: $12.4 million, or 2.4% of net sales
- Diluted earnings per share: $0.28 per share, 56% increase
PC Connection, Inc. (NASDAQ: PCCC), which provides a full range of information technology (IT) solutions from design through deployment in business, government, and education markets, today announced results for the quarter ended June 30, 2011. Net sales for the three months ended June 30, 2011 were $512.6 million, a year-over-year increase of $35.0 million or 7.3%. Net income for the quarter was $7.5 million, or $0.28 per share, compared to net income of $5.0 million, or $0.18 per share for the corresponding prior year quarter.
Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2011 were $974.5 million, an increase of $88.7 million or 10.0%, compared to $885.8 million for the six months ended June 30, 2010. Net income for the six months ended June 30, 2011 was $12.0 million, or $0.44 per share, compared to net income of $7.5 million, or $0.27 per share, for the six months ended June 30, 2010.Quarterly Sales by Segment:
- Net sales for the SMB business segment increased by 14.4% to $218.0 compared to net sales in the second quarter of 2010. The increase in revenues was due to improved SMB customer profits and the related fulfillment of delayed IT replacement needs.
- Net sales for the Large Account segment increased by 7.6% to $160.7 million compared to sales in the second quarter of 2010. As announced last quarter, we acquired ValCom Technology (“ValCom”), a provider of infrastructure management and onsite managed services to medium-to-large corporations. We have included the operating results for ValCom from March 17, 2011, the closing date of the acquisition, in this segment. Excluding ValCom’s sales for the quarter, Large Account sales would have increased year over year by 2.3%.
- Net sales to government and education customers (Public Sector segment) were $119.7 million in the quarter, compared to $120.6 million in the second quarter of 2010. A decrease in federal government sales was largely offset by an increase in higher education sales.
- Net sales to consumers and SOHO customers by PC Connection Express were $14.1 million, compared to $16.8 million in the second quarter of 2010. Profitability and gross margin improvements continue to be the primary focus for this segment in 2011.
- Notebook and PDA sales, the Company’s largest product category, increased by 10% year over year and accounted for 18% of net sales in the second quarter of 2011 and 2010. Higher unit sales for the quarter, associated with the PC refresh, drove the quarterly revenue growth as average selling prices, or ASPs, decreased year over year.
- Desktop/server sales increased by 12% year over year, accounting for 16% of net sales in the second quarter of 2011 and 2010. Desktop sales grew primarily as a result of increased unit sales associated with the PC refresh, as ASPs increased slightly year over year. Server sales decreased year over year by 4% as a result of a delay in enterprise product rollouts.
- Software sales increased by 22%, accounting for 15% of net sales in the second quarter of 2011 compared to 13% in the prior year quarter. The three primary business segments contributed to the year-over-year growth in this product category.
- Accessory/Other sales by grew 15% year over year and accounted for 13% of net sales in the second quarter of 2011, compared to 12% in the prior year quarter. The increase was due largely to ValCom service revenues and increased sales of point-of-sale equipment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV