The Associated Press
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, Aug. 4, from AP Business News:
â¿¿ Coal producer Alpha Natural Resources Inc. said it lost $56.4 million in the second quarter after booking charges related to its acquisition of rival Massey Energy and expenses from the deadly explosion at Massey's Upper Big Branch mine in West Virginia.
â¿¿ Fortune Brands Inc.'s second-quarter net income rose 45 percent including accounting for the sale of its golf business while its revenue excluding the business rose almost 6 percent.â¿¿ Central European Distribution Corp., parent company of vodka maker CEDC International sp.zo.o., returned to a profit in its second quarter partly because of strong vodka volume growth in Poland. â¿¿ Energy company El Paso Corp. said its second-quarter net income jumped 78 percent on a hedging gain and higher energy prices. â¿¿ Florida electric utility Teco Energy posted higher second quarter profit as economic conditions improved slightly in the company's service territory and interest
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV