I do not believe there is much threat of Chinese demand waning anytime soon but others do and any sort of real estate correction would hurt the Australian banks, but I do not believe the magnitude would be anywhere near the carnage that has occurred in the U.S.; the Financial Sector SPDR (XLF), a proxy for U.S.- based financial companies, is still down 61% from its 2007 highwater mark.
That the ACWI alternatives, DEW and SDIV, have risk factors is not a negative because all investment products have risk factors. What would be worse is not knowing the risk factors for a fund you own.
Looking forward, the largest global markets, the ones in ACWI could have more years of below normal growth, which makes the dividend yields available from DEW and SDIV all the more important to give investors preferring broad-based funds a better chance for normal returns over the long term. An extra 200 to 300 basis points in yield from both funds will make a huge difference if price appreciation continues to be weak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV