ATLANTA, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRDA; CRDB), the world's largest independent provider of claims management solutions, has purchased the Appian Business Process Management (BPM) Suite, a market-leading technology platform that will radically alter the way the company develops software applications.
"The Appian BPM Suite, with its mobile and social capabilities, is truly an enabler that will change the way we work with our business partners and ultimately how we service our clients," said Brian Flynn, Crawford's global chief information officer. "Initially, we will use it to drive operational efficiencies, but ultimately we will use it to help us develop new services and solutions."
Appian was first introduced to Crawford during development efforts for repairNet, the Company's managed repair service in the U.K. "We decided to acquire Appian for global deployment after reviewing the success of the repairNet project," Flynn said.
BPM helps information technology and business users jointly build applications that effectively integrate people, process and information. With effective BPM, an organization can manage and improve processes that involve human interaction, multiple applications and complex rules and work flows.The Appian BPM Suite increases efficiency by:
- Using a business rules engine to automate processes
- Enabling better collaboration among employees and clients by using a familiar and intuitive social media "feed" interface
- Modifying and updating legacy applications
- Replacing aging modules, and
- Rapidly deploying innovative solutions to mobile devices, such as smart phones and tablets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV