ATLANTA, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc. ("PAC") (AMEX: APTS) today announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly dividend on its common stock of $0.125 per share for the third quarter of 2011. The dividend is payable on October 17, 2011 to all common stockholders of record as of September 30, 2011.
About Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc. is a Maryland corporation formed primarily to acquire multifamily properties in select targeted markets throughout the United States. As part of its property acquisition strategy, we may enter into forward purchase contracts or purchase options for to-be-built multifamily communities and we may make mezzanine loans, provide deposit arrangements, or provide performance assurances, as may be necessary or appropriate, in connection with the construction of these properties. As a secondary strategy, we may acquire senior mortgage loans, subordinate loans or mezzanine debt secured by interests in multifamily properties, membership or partnership interests in multifamily properties and other multifamily related assets. PAC intends to elect and qualify as a real estate investment trust for U.S. federal income tax purposes effective as of April 1, 2011.SOURCE Preferred Apartment Communities, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV