Vanguard Pacific ETF (VPL) tracks the MSCI Pacific Index which includes the region ranging from Japan (58%) and Australia (26%) with the rest divided between markets like Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore. The fund was launched in March 2005. The expense ratio is .14%. AUM equal $1.7 billion and average daily trading volume is 148,000 shares. As of late July 2011 the dividend was $2.24 making the current yield 3.80% and year-to-date return 1.30%.
Data as of July 2011
VPL Top Ten Holdings and Weightings
1. BHP Billiton Limited (BHPLF): 4.19%2. Toyota Motor Corporation (7203): 2.84% 3. Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA): 2.18% 4. Westpac Banking Corp (WBC): 1.95% 5. Australia & New Zealand Banking Grp Ltd. (ANEWF): 1.64% 6. Honda Motor Company (7267): 1.57% 7. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (8306): 1.52% 8. National Australia Bank Limited (NAB): 1.48% 9. Canon, Inc. (CAJFF): 1.27% 10. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFNF): 1.08%
iShares Asia ex-Japan ETF (AAXJ) follows the MSCI All Country Asia ex-Japan Index which includes the performance of 11 developed and emerging Asian equity markets. The fund was launched in August 2008. The expense ratio is .74%. AAXJ trades commission free at TD Ameritrade. AUM equal nearly $2 billion and average daily trading volume is 480,000 shares. As of late July 2011, the annual dividend was $1.32 making the current yield just fewer than 2% and year--to-date return -1.30%. Data as of July 2011 AAXJ Top Ten Holdings and Weightings 1. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (BC94): 2.79% 2. iShares MSCI South Korea Index: 2.17% 3. Reliance Industries Ltd. ADR (RLI): 2.02% 4. Infosys Technologies, Ltd. ADR (INFY): 1.87% 5. China Mobile Ltd. (00941): 1.85% 6. HDFC Bank, Ltd. ADR (HDB): 1.80% 7. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing ADR (TSM): 1.76% 8. Industrial And Commercial Bank Of China Ltd. (01398): 1.70% 9. ICICI Bank Ltd. ADR (IBN): 1.69% 10. China Construction Bank Corp (00939): 1.51%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV