- Positive financial results. Advertising revenues and subscriber license fees for the quarter combined to generate an increase of 16% for the second quarter as compared to the prior year. These gains along with prudent cost control contributed to an 18% increase in Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter as compared to 2010.
- Continued success for Hallmark Movie Channel. Hallmark Movie Channel recorded dramatic improvements in ratings for the year-to-date. According to Nielsen, for the first six months of 2011, delivery of nearly every key demographic and total households more than doubled for both Total Day and Prime Time. With subscribers currently at more than 42 million, Hallmark Movie Channel has been able to harness this momentum to generate significant growth in advertising revenue.
- Solid results for Original Movie premieres. Hallmark Channel aired five Original Movie premieres in the second quarter which were well received and ranked among the top programs for viewer engagement, a key measure for advertiser appeal. Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel expect to air a combined total of 30 original movies in 2011, making this one of the most robust schedules in the network’s history, including a program featuring the new royal couple, William and Catherine: A Royal Romance.
Crown Media Holdings Announces Operating Results For Second Quarter Of 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.