Children's Book Helps Breastfeeding Moms Save $1,500
CHICAGO, Aug. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Commonly, when a mother leaves the hospital with her new baby, she is given samples of infant formula and coupons from the manufacturer. "What they really should be providing her with is a calculator," says Mark Repkin, author of children's book "Mommy Breastfeeds My Baby Brother."
"$1,500! That's approximately what the family that bottle feeds will be spending the first year for the cost of basic formula," Repkin continues.
"If the health benefits of breastfeeding aren't enough of a reason to choose breastfeeding vs. the bottle, perhaps the pocketbook is," says Repkin. "With the bleak outlook for the U.S. dollar, mothers who are bottle feeding are likely to shell out more money for infant feeding formula than ever before."
Coinciding with World Breastfeeding Week ( August 1-7), the publisher of "Mommy Breastfeeds My Baby Brother/ Mama Amananta A Mi Hermanito" announced that the teach-your-child book will be available in a bilingual (English/Spanish) version later this month. The children's book is written for the age range of 2-6 years."Gaining the support of the family, including the new baby's sibling, is one of the most practical breastfeeding tips I can suggest," adds Repkin. "I love hearing from Mothers who share how they use the book to explain breastfeeding to their child. If in any way the book helped them avoid the costly choice of formula, I am thrilled." The new bilingual edition is soft cover format and available for $9.99 at http://www.mommybreastfeeds.com and http://www.facebook.com/mommybreastfeeds. "Mommy Breastfeeds My Baby Brother" is a charming, thoughtful portrayal of how a family adjusts to life with an "ever-hungry" infant and an inquisitive two-year-old sibling. The sweetly illustrated children's book relates the perplexing, often amusing situations that arise when Mommy is feeding the baby.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV