Shares were rising 7.2% to $36.76 during premarket trading Thursday.
Dendreon (DNDN) shares were plunging 62.9% to $13.29 in premarket trading after drug company reported weaker-than-expected Provenge sales in the second quarter and withdrew revenue guidance for the remainder of the year due to reimbursement issues.
Provenge sales in the quarter totaled $49.6 million including a nearly $2 million reserve for chargebacks and rebates, but still fell far below Wall Street's expectations that ranged from $55 million to $60 million.
Shares of Rio Tinto (RIO) were tumbling 7.1% to $62.40 after the mining giant reported first-half underlying profit of $7.8 billion, below the analyst consensus target of $8.03 billion.
Consumer goods company Unilever (UL) saw its stock rise 4.5% to $33.03 in premarket trading after it
Automaker General Motors (GM) reported second-quarter profit of $1.54 a share , above the average analyst estimate of $1.20 a share. Shares were rising 2.7% to $27.90.
Pfizer (PFE), which loses patent protection on Lipitor in November, is
Wholesale retailer Costco (COST) topped analysts' expectations with
Pharmacy retail chain CVS (CVS) reported second-quarter earnings of 65 cents a share, beating estimates by a penny.
Alcoholic beverages company Fortune Brands (FO) posted second-quarter profit of 71 cents a share vs. the average analyst estimate of 98 cents a share.
Southwest Airlines (LUV) reported second-quarter adjusted earnings of 15 cents a share, below the average analyst estimate of 20 cents a share. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV