The New York-based dry bulk shipping company reported a loss of $1.4 million, or 2 cents a share, for the three months ended June 30 on revenue of $76.4 million. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was calling for a loss of 4 cents a share on revenue of $66.4 million for the June-ended period.
"During the second quarter, Eagle Bulk's consistent focus on the Supramax segment yielded steady results that outperformed all other dry bulk vessel classes in a challenging market," said Sophocles Zoullas, the company's chairman and CEO, in a statement. "The build-out and renewal of the Eagle Bulk fleet now enters its final phase, as we took delivery of one new Supramax vessel and sold an older, 2001-built Supramax."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV