USEC Inc. (NYSE: USU) today announced that Steve Penrod will assume responsibility for the company’s integrated enrichment operations as part of its preparation for commercial operations at the American Centrifuge Plant.
“This is an important step in enhancing the depth of operational capabilities across USEC’s enrichment enterprise. Best practices from American Centrifuge, Paducah and the nuclear industry will be applied to sustain operational excellence across the company,” said John K. Welch, USEC president and chief executive officer. “I am pleased to have Steve bring his 32 years of operating experience and his outstanding track record of operations at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant to this assignment for the integration of all of USEC’s enrichment operations.”
Penrod has served as general manager of the Paducah plant since 2005 and was named vice president in February 2010. Prior to his promotion to general manager, he served as the Paducah plant manager for seven years. Penrod joined the Paducah plant in 1979 as a design engineer and later became an engineering project manager. Penrod earned his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Southern Illinois University.
Dan Rogers will continue in his role as general manager of lead cascade and commercial plant operations and will report to Steve Penrod and Paul Sullivan, vice president of the American Centrifuge program and chief engineer. Jim Lewis, currently Paducah plant manager, will become general manager of the Paducah plant.USEC Inc., a global energy company, is a leading supplier of enriched uranium fuel and nuclear industry related services for commercial nuclear power plants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV