Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. (NYSE Amex: APT):
- For the quarter ended June 30, 2011, Building Supply segment sales increased by 30.7% to a record $6.4 million, compared to $4.9 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, and increased by 36.2% from $4.7 million for the quarter ended March 31, 2011.
- Inventory decreased by $2.2 million, or 12.7%, to $15.1 million as of June 30, 2011 from $17.3 million as of December 31, 2010. Inventory decreased in all three sales segments.
Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. (NYSE Amex: APT), a leading manufacturer of products designed to protect people, products and environments, including disposable protective apparel and building products, today announced financial results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2011.
Consolidated sales for the second quarter decreased 8.4% to $10.3 million from $11.2 million in the comparable quarter of 2010. Sales for the Disposable Protective Apparel segment for the three months ended June 30, 2011 decreased by 40.7% to $2.9 million, compared to $4.8 million for the same period of 2010. Building Supply segment sales for the three months ended June 30, 2011 increased by 30.7% to a record $6.4 million, compared to $4.9 million for the same period of 2010, and increased 36.2% sequentially from $4.7 million in the first quarter ended March 31, 2011. The sales mix of the Building Supply segment for the three months ended June 30, 2011 was 69% for synthetic roof underlayment and 31% for housewrap. This compared to 68% for synthetic roof underlayment and 32% for housewrap for the second quarter of 2010. Infection Control segment sales for the three months ended June 30, 2011 decreased by 30.5% to $1.1 million, compared to $1.5 million for the same period of 2010. Mask sales were down by 38.7% to $670,000, and shield sales were up by 37.1% to $381,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV