Gold Trends to $1,700
The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With a strong rally pushing gold through the 1,600/50 levels on Tuesday and a follow-through seen in early trading today, further strength now eyes the 1,700 level, its psychological level.
A violation of that level will allow for a move higher towards the 1,750 level and then the 1,800 level. Its weekly and daily RSI are bullish and pointing higher supporting this view. Alternatively, on any pullback, gold will aim at the 1,632.60 level, its July 29, 2011 high.
A reversal of roles as support is expected to turn the pair higher at this level but if that fails and a break below here occurs, further downside weakness will target the 1,600.00 level and possibly lower.All in all, Gold has triggered its long term uptrend and now eyes the 1,700/50 levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV