Luna Innovations Incorporated (NASDAQ: LUNA), today announced the launch of the ODiSI (Optical Distributed Sensor Interrogator) instrument, the new sensing platform which will be marketed and sold under the company’s test and measurement equipment brand name Luna Technologies.
Luna's ODiSI (Photo: Luna Innovations Incorporated)
The new sensing product provides fully distributed strain or temperature measurements, delivering an unprecedented amount of data by using optical fiber as a continuous sensor. Luna’s revolutionary technology provides greater insight into the performance, tolerances, and failure mechanisms of structures and vehicles. The ODiSI product provides advantages to industries where high density strain or temperature measurements are required for structural or mechanical testing such as aerospace, automotive, energy, and other composites industries. Applications include design and model verification, design improvement, structural health monitoring, and performance optimization.
Fiber optic sensor technology is being utilized more widely as demands for lighter, stronger, and safer structures continue to increase. Harnessing the most advanced fiber optic sensing technology, the ODiSI instrument provides a sensing solution that is rich in data content, lightweight, robust, easy to install, and does not require expensive Fiber Bragg grating fiber. Luna’s solution gathers strain or temperature data along the entire surface under test and allows users the ability to redefine sensing points in post processing; these features are not available with traditional static point sensors.
“We are very excited about the announcement of our new sensing product,” said Luna’s CEO, My Chung. “We believe the ODiSI will raise the bar for test and measurement standards across multiple industries and enable our customers to optimize mechanical designs, decrease maintenance, and deliver next generation products.”Highlights of the ODiSI instrument include:
- Easily deployed, inexpensive, disposable sensors
- 1000s of sensing points in a single fiber sensor with a single instrument
- Fiber is lightweight, requires no extra wiring, and is immune to EMI/RF interference
- Simultaneous strain and temperature measurement with a single fiber sensor
- Re-process sensor data at a later time with more/different sensing points
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV