BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Aug. 3, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- BBVA Compass today announced the launch of the BBVA Compass SafeSpend Card(SM), an open loop, reloadable, prepaid VISA® debit card. The BBVA Compass SafeSpend Card offers customers a low cost, full service alternative to checking accounts.
Consumers unable to obtain a checking account, parents of a young adult and routine check cashers are just a few of the individuals who will benefit from a prepaid debit card such as the BBVA Compass SafeSpend Card. There is no credit approval required to apply for the SafeSpend Card and funds can be direct deposited onto the card, transferred from an existing BBVA Compass checking account or reloaded at any VISA ReadyLink location.
"The SafeSpend Card is a great money management tool for parents who aren't ready to give their kids credit or debit cards," Director of Consumer Segment Group Jon Mulkin said. "We also expect the card to be popular among people who want to designate their spending money for special purchases like vacations."
The SafeSpend Card provides customers with multiple free features that are very useful in money management such as:
- Direct deposit
- Bill Payment Service
- Domestic ATM Balance Inquiry
- Online Banking
- Email and text message alerts*
- Electronic Statements and
- Unlimited PIN and signature transaction access.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV