TGC Industries Inc. Stock Downgraded (TGE)
- The gross profit margin for TGC INDUSTRIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.40%. Regardless of TGE's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TGE's net profit margin of 1.90% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, TGC INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TGC INDUSTRIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TGC INDUSTRIES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.06 versus $0.10 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus -$0.06).
- TGE's revenue growth trails the industry average of 48.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry. The net income increased by 148.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.21 million to $0.59 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.