SAO PAULO, Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CSN - Companhia Siderurgica Nacional (NYSE: SID) (BM&FBOVESPA: CSNA3) announces its results for the 2Q11:
The full 2Q11 Earnings Release is available on CSN's IR website at www.csn.com.br/ir.
- Net revenue totaled R$8.1 billion in 1H11, 15% more than in 1H10 and a Company record, and R$4.3 billion in 2Q11, 14% up year-on-year and also a record;
- Gross profit reached R$1.8 billion in 2Q11, 18% higher than in 1Q11;
- Adjusted EBITDA amounted to R$1.8 billion in 2Q11, a 16% improvement over the R$1.5 billion recorded in 1Q11, and R$3.3 billion in 1H11, 7% up on the R$3.1 billion posted in the first six months of 2010;
- The adjusted EBITDA margin stood at 41% in the second quarter, higher than in 1Q11;
- Consolidated net income amounted to R$1.1 billion in 2Q11, 85% more than in the previous three months, and R$1.8 billion in 1H11, 32% higher than in the same period last year;
- Net revenue from mining reached the record figure of R$2.7 billion in 1H11, 110% up on 1H10, due to an iron ore sales volume of 13.3 million tonnes, also a record;
- Consolidated steel product sales volume in the domestic market, where margins are historically higher, accounted for 86% of total sales volume in 2Q11;
- CSN is a highly liquid company, with a cash position of R$11.7 billion.
CSN will be hosting conference calls about its 2Q11 Earnings TOMORROW, August 3, 2011 , at 11:00 a.m. US ET in English and 9:00 a.m. US ET in Portuguese. Connection details may be obtained on the Company's IR website.
Investor Relations David Salama Head of IR Phone: +55 11 3049-7588 firstname.lastname@example.orgSOURCE CSN - Companhia Siderugica Nacional
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV