Mueller Water Products, Inc. (NYSE: MWA) today reported net sales of $366.7 million and a net loss of $2.7 million for the fiscal 2011 third quarter ended June 30, 2011. Summarized consolidated 2011 third quarter results compared to 2010 third quarter results are as follows:
- Net sales for the 2011 third quarter were $366.7 million compared to net sales for the 2010 third quarter of $375.9 million.
- Income from operations for the 2011 third quarter was $13.9 million compared to income from operations for the 2010 third quarter of $12.5 million. Adjusted income from operations for the 2011 third quarter of $15.6 million increased $2.2 million from adjusted income from operations for the 2010 third quarter of $13.4 million.
- Net loss per share for the 2011 third quarter was $0.02 and was equal to the net loss per share for the 2010 third quarter. Adjusted net loss per share for the 2011 third quarter was $0.00 compared to an adjusted net loss per share for the 2010 third quarter of $0.01.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the 2011 third quarter of $35.9 million increased $1.4 million from adjusted EBITDA for the 2010 third quarter of $34.5 million.
“As we mentioned last quarter, municipalities remain cautious as they balance the need to repair and replace aging water infrastructure against ongoing budget concerns. Consequently, municipalities continue to slow or delay spending which negatively impacted volumes at both Mueller Co. and U.S. Pipe in the third quarter,” said Gregory E. Hyland, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Mueller Water Products. “However, in spite of this environment, we were able to more than offset increased raw material costs with higher pricing. Additionally, U.S. Pipe’s improved third-quarter performance benefitted from higher pricing, which improved both year-over-year and sequentially, as well as from productivity gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV