Rydex Equal Weight Utilities ETF (RYU) follows the S&P Equal Weight Index which is not much different from XLU except that by breaking components into equal weights provides a different and perhaps fairer view of overall conditions.
The fund was launched in January 2006. The expense ratio is .50%. AUM equal $27 million and average daily trading volume is 7K shares. (NOTE: The sponsor has suffered numerous ownership changes and marketing efforts have been hindered.) As of late July 2011 the annual dividend was $1.56 making the current yield 2.80% and year-to-date return of 8.55%.
Here are RYU's top 10 holdings and weightings as of July 2011. They are 1. MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (PCS): 2.55%; 2. ONEOK, Inc. (OKE): 2.54%; 3. Sprint Nextel Corp (S): 2.53%; 4. NRG Energy Inc (NRG): 2.52%; 5. NiSource, Inc. (NI): 2.48%; 6. AES Corp (AES): 2.48%; 7. Verizon Communications Inc (VZ): 2.48%; 8. American Tower Corporation A (AMT): 2.47%; 9. Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG): 2.47%; 10. Constellation Energy Group, Inc. (CEG): 2.47%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV