Vanguard Utilities ETF (VPU) follows the MSCI US Investable Market Utilities 25/50 Index which consists of small, medium and large companies. The fund was launched in January 2004. The expense ratio is .25%. AUM equal $787 million and average daily trading volume is 53K shares. As of late July 2011 the annual dividend was $2.40 making the current yield 3.40%.
Here are VPU's top 10 holdings and weightings as of July, 2011. They are 1. Southern Company (SO): 6.43%; 2. Exelon (EXC): 5.54%; 3. Dominion Resources (D): 5.27%; 4. Duke Energy (DUK): 4.88%; 5. NextEra Energy (NEE): 4.42%; 6. PG&E (PCG): 3.52%; 7. American Electric Power (AEP): 3.43%; 8. Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG): 3.24%; 9. FirstEnergy (FE): 3.15%; 10. Consolidated Edison (ED): 2.99%
iShares DJ U.S. Utilities ETF (IDU) follows the Dow Jones U.S. Utilities Index which also covers the broad spectrum of the utilities sector of the U.S. equity market. The fund was launched in June 2000. The expense ratio is .48%. AUM equal $540 million and average daily trading volume is 40K shares. As of late July 2011 the annual dividend was $2.95 making the current yield 3.50% and YTD return nearly 9%.Here are IDU's top 10 holdings and weightings as of July 2011. They are 1. Southern Co (SO): 6.54%; 2. Exelon (EXC): 5.46%; 3. Dominion Resources (D): 5.41%; 4. Duke Energy (DUK): 4.79%; 5. NextEra Energy (NEE): 4.67%; 6. FirstEnergy (FE): 3.56%; 7. American Electric Power (AEP): 3.47%; 8. Spectra Energy (SE): 3.43%; 9. PG&E (PCG): 3.22%; 10. Public Service Enterprise Group (PEG): 3.20%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV