Instead, in the days ahead, I feel that earnings will play a far more significant role in directing the fund's performance.
While the earnings results from top media companies will make PBS an exciting fund to watch over the course of second half of this week, it is important to note that investing in this product is not an ideal strategy for everyone.
On the contrary, because it is dedicated to tracking such a small segment of the marketplace, it tends to behave in a volatile manner. Cautious investors, wary of seeing steep rises and falls on a day to day basis may find a more-heavily diversified option more to their liking.
By keeping exposure small and focused, it is possible to mitigate some of the risks inherent of this fund. The media industry could see strength during the next few days. However, any investor trying their luck with PBS will require a strong stomach and plenty of patience.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV