LOS ANGELES, Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Grifols, a global healthcare company and biopharmaceutical manufacturer based in Barcelona, Spain, has announced the structure of its new North American Commercial Operations. Under the new Commercial Operations structure, the U.S. commercial group will be organized by product portfolio to better serve patients and customers throughout North America. The Canadian organization, a major presence within North American operations, will remain structurally unchanged.
"By creating cross-functional teams for the major product areas, the sales, marketing, and business functions can work more closely together toward customer-specific goals and objectives," said Gregory Rich, President and CEO of Grifols' North American operations. "This will provide greater focus for our teams and permit us to build upon our existing customer partnerships as well as establish new ones," continued Mr. Rich. Dedicated national accounts and managed care teams will complement the product portfolio-based sales and marketing teams.
Joel Abelson will serve as the president of Grifols' North American Commercial Operations. Mr. Abelson was formerly head of Talecris' International Commercial Operations. In his new position, he will oversee the marketing and sales strategy for all of Grifols' North American products. Mr. Abelson has nearly 20 years of senior management experience in the healthcare industry and was responsible for Talecris' commercial operations in all markets outside of the United States and Europe.Grifols' North American Commercial Operations will be supported by a team of experienced professionals with a proven track record of meeting patient and customer needs in the plasma therapeutics industry and the general healthcare arena.
- Bill Zabel, Vice President and General Manager of IVIG/Albumin/Hypermune Products
- Whitney Herd, Vice President and General Manager of Hematology/Diagnostics/Hospital Products
- Lafmin Morgan, Vice President and General Manager of Pulmonary Products
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV