The Associated Press
Among the earnings stories for Tuesday, Aug. 2, from AP Business News:
â¿¿ Coach Inc. said its fourth-quarter net income rose 4 percent, helped by people buying more expensive handbags in North America.
â¿¿ Technology market research firm Gartner Inc. said its second-quarter net income climbed 60 percent as research revenue increased. The results beat analyst expectations, and Gartner's stock rose.â¿¿ Medical supply distributor Henry Schein Inc. said its second quarter earnings climbed 12 percent, boosted by international sales as well as growth in its North American dental, medical and animal health businesses. â¿¿ Drilling rig contractor Rowan Cos. Inc. said net income jumped because it sold a mining equipment company. Operating profits rose, too, despite delays in putting new rigs to work. â¿¿ Commercial real estate finance company Starwood Property Trust Inc. said its second-quarter profit nearly tripled, mainly because of a surge in interest from its lending business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV