1. Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE), a holding company, operating though its principal subsidiaries engages in the business of electric utility, banking and other services in Hawaii. The company's electric subsidiary Hawaiian Electric Company and its two operating utility subsidiaries are regulated electric public utilities. The company will release its second quarter 2011 results on WednesdayAugust 3.
On June 14, the company paid its regular quarterly cash dividend of 31 cents per share, amounting to an annual dividend of $1.24 per share. Paying dividends continually since 1901, the company's current dividend yield is 5.0%.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect it to record second-quarter net income of $30.9 million or 33 cents per share, vs. $29.74 million or 31 cents per share in the same quarter of the prior year. Sales are seen soaring by 5% to $691.33 million from $655.66 million earlier. Operating profit is seen increasing by 7%% to $68.20 million while EBITDA is seen rising by 2% to $106.5 million. Cash flow per share is seen swinging to positive 72 cents from negative 14 cents in the first quarter of 2011.Of the six analysts covering the stock, 17% recommend a buy while 67% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg see the stock gaining an average 7.0% to $25.00 in the upcoming 12 months. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 8 High-Dividend Utility Stocks to Watch portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV