3. CenterPoint Energy (CNP), a public utility holding company, operates through two wholly owned subsidiaries in seven segments: electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, competitive natural gas sales and services, interstate pipelines, field services and other operations. The company will release its second-quarter results on Thursday.
CenterPoint recently declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 19.75 cents per share, payable Sept. 9, 2011. In January 2011, for the sixth consecutive year, the company raised its dividend from 19.5 cents to 19.75 cents per share. Currently, CenterPoint has a dividend yield of 4.46%.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the company to record second-quarter net income of $100.78 million, or 22 cents per share, vs. $79 million, or 20 cents per share, in the same quarter a year ago. Sales are expected to soar 12% to $1.97 billion from $1.76 billion in the comparable quarter of the prior year. Cash flow per share is seen at 91 cents. Operating profit is seen rising by 12% to $294.5 million during the quarter.Of the 16 analysts covering the stock, 63% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg see the stock gaining an average 5.9% to $20.72 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV