4. UniSource Energy (UNS) is a holding company that operates through its subsidiaries in three segments: Tucson Electric Power Company (TEP), UNS Gas and UNS Electric. TEP is an electric utility that serves Tucson, Ariz., while the remaining two provide gas and electric services. The company will release its second quarter results on Thursday.
On June 6, 2011, the company paid its shareholders second-quarter dividend of 42 cents per share, compared to 39 cents paid during 2010. With a current dividend yield of 4.4%, the company targets to reach a payout level of almost 60% of UNS net income.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect UniSource to record second-quarter net income of $31 million or 75 cents per share, vs. $28.72 million or 73 cents per share a year ago. Sales are expected to rise 4% to $352 million from $337.82 million in the year-ago quarter.Of the 6 analysts covering the stock, 33% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 5.0% to $38.63 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV