8. Aqua America (WTR), is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water or wastewater services in Pennsylvania, Texas, North Carolina, Ohio, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Florida, Indiana, Virginia, Maine, Missouri, and Georgia. The company will report its second-quarter earnings on Wednesday.
On June 1, the company paid its regular quarterly cash dividend of 15.5 cents per share, up 6.9% from the dividend paid in June 2010. With a consecutive quarterly dividend history of 65 years, Aqua has a dividend yield of 2.62%.
The company is likely to report net income of $32.84 million, or 24 cents per share, compared to $29.78 million, or 22 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter, according to analysts polled by Bloomberg. For the quarter, sales are seen rising 6% to $189.14 million from $178.44 million in same quarter of 2010. Operating profit for the period is estimated at $71.28 million against $66.08 million in year-ago quarter. Cash flow per share for the quarter is estimated to soar by 88% to 49 cents from the year-ago quarter.Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 40% recommend a buy and 53% suggest a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg forecast the stock gaining an average 14% to $24.29 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV