8 Stocks Under $8 With Upside
3. Delta Air Lines (DAL) is a U.S.-based airline engaged in providing passenger and cargo services worldwide.
Delta's revenue during the June quarter grew $1 billion, following a 1% increase in passenger traffic. Passenger revenue, forming about 88% of operating revenue, grew 13%, while cargo was the fastest-growing segment during the quarter, at 25%.
Fuel costs were a major dampener during the quarter, increasing 39% year-over-year to a billion dollars. While the company's liquidity position is strong, it holds $3.8 million in cash and short-term investments, and $1.8 billion in undrawn revolving credit facilities. Operating cash flow during the June quarter was $1 billion.Hank Halter, Delta's chief financial officer, said, "With strong cash generation despite fuel price pressures, we are making solid progress on our debt reduction goals." He added, "In 18 months, we have reduced our net debt by over $3 billion, while still making significant investments in our product, fleet and facilities." Analysts' consensus estimate pegs average gains at 68% over the next year with buy ratings of 79%. The stock is trading at 7.7 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV