4. Micron Technology (MU) provides advanced semi conductor solutions and manufactures DRAM, NAND Flash memory and packaging solutions.
During the third quarter of fiscal 2011, net income stood at $75 million on total revenue of $2.1 billion. The company's consolidated gross margin improved sequentially to 22% from 19% on lower manufacturing costs.
Operating cash flow for third quarter was $589 million and capital expenditure was $534 million. The company repaid $327 million debt and closed the quarter with cash and short-term investments of $2.4 billion.During the third quarter, the company sold its wafer fabrication facility in Japan to Tower Semiconductor. Operating income for the period also included $8 million receipts from the U.S. government related to anti-dumping duties. Analysts project 59% upside over the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV