6. Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) is a Canada-based upstream energy company. The company owns oil and gas properties in Colombia, Argentina and Brazil.
Revenue increased 32% to $123 million during the first quarter of 2011 compared to $93 million in the same quarter in 2010, attributable to a 36% increase in realized crude oil prices. Net income stood at $13.7 million versus $10 million for the same period in 2010.
As of March 2011, cash and cash equivalents were $254 million compared to $355 million in the previous quarter, driven by capital spending.Commenting on the exploration portfolio, Dana Coffield, the company's CEO, said in a press statement, "Gran Tierra Energy continues to expand its exploration and development portfolio through the successful completion of the Petrolifera acquisition in March. This acquisition added production enhancement opportunity in Argentina, reserve development opportunity in Colombia, and exploration opportunity in Colombia and Peru. In parallel with the integration of the newly acquired assets, Gran Tierra Energy is continuing appraisal of the Moqueta oil field in Colombia in preparation for long-term testing expected to start in May for the new reserves that continue to grow with each new delineation well." Analysts expect the stock to gain around 47% over the next one year, and it is trading at 10.1 times its estimated 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV