7. Hecla Mining (HL) is the largest producer of silver in the U.S. with two mining properties. It has four exploration properties in the U.S. and Mexico.
Revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was $136 million, up $57 million from the same period last year, benefiting from stable production and higher silver prices.
The company's margins improved during the quarter. EBITDA margin rose to 60% during the quarter versus 40% in the corresponding quarter of 2010. EBITDA increased from $31.7 million during the first quarter of 2010 to $81 million during the quarter under review. Net income margins came higher, at 32% vs. 27% in the comparable quarter of 2010.As of March 2011, Hecla's cash position was $322 million compared to $116.3 million cash on hand during the same period in 2010. Capital expenditure totaled $22 million for the first quarter of 2011. Analysts expect the stock to gain around 45% over the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV