NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- US Airways (LCC), MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR), Delta Air Lines (DAL - Get Report), Micron Technology (MU - Get Report), Amkor Technology (AMKR - Get Report), Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV - Get Report), Hecla Mining (HL - Get Report) and Gran Tierra Energy (GTE - Get Report) are expected to return an average of up to 65% over the next year. These eight stocks are mid-sized companies with market caps of around $3 billion and are trading at less than $8 a share.
Analysts expect these eight stocks to outperform their peers and broader markets, based on their respective 12-month price targets. These stocks were plucked from diverse sectors, such as energy, airlines, mining and semiconductor. Analysts' buy ratings are about 57%, estimating the stock has upside potential of 43% to 123%.
>> Keep the stock market at your fingertips with TheStreet's iPad app.
The stocks are stacked in terms of upside, great to greatest.
8. Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV - Get Report) engages in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas at its Glacier property in Alberta, Canada. The company reported first-quarter 2011 production of 24,775-barrel oil equivalent per day, increasing 19%, due to better-than-expected well performance at its Glacier property. Lower natural gas prices reduced operating cash flows to $40 million from $49 million in the same quarter the prior year. Capital expenditure during the first quarter of 2011 amounted to $77 million and the majority of capital spending was made at Glacier. The phase 3 development program at Glacier was ahead of schedule, which augurs well for future drill inventory. Management estimates production at around 23,500 boe/d for the second quarter of 2011. The stock has 43% upside over the next year with 67% analysts recommending a buy, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts