8 Stocks Under $8 With Upside
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- US Airways (LCC), MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR), Delta Air Lines (DAL), Micron Technology (MU), Amkor Technology (AMKR), Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV), Hecla Mining (HL) and Gran Tierra Energy (GTE) are expected to return an average of up to 65% over the next year. These eight stocks are mid-sized companies with market caps of around $3 billion and are trading at less than $8 a share.
Analysts expect these eight stocks to outperform their peers and broader markets, based on their respective 12-month price targets. These stocks were plucked from diverse sectors, such as energy, airlines, mining and semiconductor. Analysts' buy ratings are about 57%, estimating the stock has upside potential of 43% to 123%.
>> Keep the stock market at your fingertips with TheStreet's iPad app.
The stocks are stacked in terms of upside, great to greatest.
8. Advantage Oil & Gas (AAV) engages in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas at its Glacier property in Alberta, Canada. The company reported first-quarter 2011 production of 24,775-barrel oil equivalent per day, increasing 19%, due to better-than-expected well performance at its Glacier property. Lower natural gas prices reduced operating cash flows to $40 million from $49 million in the same quarter the prior year. Capital expenditure during the first quarter of 2011 amounted to $77 million and the majority of capital spending was made at Glacier. The phase 3 development program at Glacier was ahead of schedule, which augurs well for future drill inventory. Management estimates production at around 23,500 boe/d for the second quarter of 2011. The stock has 43% upside over the next year with 67% analysts recommending a buy, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV