White River Capital, Inc. Announces Results For Second Quarter 2011
White River Capital, Inc. (NYSE Amex: RVR) (“White River”) today announced net income for the second quarter 2011 of $2.5 million, or $0.70 per diluted share, compared to second quarter 2010 net income of $2.0 million, or $0.51 per diluted share. The net income results for the second quarter of 2011 are due to the following:
- $4.4 million of earnings from operations contributed by the Coastal Credit LLC (“Coastal Credit”) subsidiary, and
- $0.5 million of operating expenses at the holding company, and an income tax expense of $1.4 million.
Martin Szumski, Chief Financial Officer, stated, “Coastal Credit’s 30+ day delinquency declined to 1.2% at June 30, 2011 compared to 1.7% at December 31, 2010 and 2.2% at June 30, 2010. Coastal Credit’s allowance for loan losses as a percentage of finance receivables, net of unearned finance charges was 6.07% at June 30, 2011 compared to 6.92% at December 31, 2010.”
Mr. Szumski continued, “Shareholders’ equity was $84.1 million at quarter end or $23.28 per common share.”
DIVIDENDAs previously announced, White River paid a quarterly dividend of 25 cents per share on its common stock on May 31, 2011. On August 1, 2011, White River announced that its Board of Directors had declared a quarterly cash dividend of 25 cents per share on its common stock to be paid August 25, 2011 to shareholders of record on August 11, 2011. STOCK REPURCHASE PROGRAM White River is authorized to repurchase up to 500,000 shares of its outstanding common stock, from time to time and subject to market conditions, on the open market or in privately negotiated transactions. As of June 30, 2011, White River has repurchased 482,429 shares of its outstanding common stock under the program at an average price per share of $15.22.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV