B Communications Ltd. (NASDAQ Global Select Market and TASE: BCOM) today reported its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 and its cash position and loan repayment status as of June 30, 2011.
Bezeq Delivers Another Strong Quarter
The Bezeq Group reported another strong, stable quarter, delivering revenues of NIS 2.9 billion (US$ 849 million) and operating profit of NIS 935 million (US$ 274 million) in the second quarter. Bezeq’s EBITDA for the second quarter of 2011 totaled NIS 1.3 billion (US$ 381 million), representing an EBITDA margin of 44.35%, and cash flow from operating activities reached NIS 670 million (US$ 196 million).
Debt Repayment Plan Continues to Progress Ahead-of-ScheduleAs of June 30, 2011, B Communications had exceeded its original plan for the repayment of the bank debt it incurred to fund its April 2010 acquisition of the controlling interest (approximately 30%) in Bezeq - The Israel Telecommunication Corp., Ltd. (“Bezeq”). From April 14, 2010 through June 30, 2011, B Communications repaid approximately NIS 1.5 billion (US$ 439 million) of its bank debt, including NIS 1,307 million (US$ 383 million) of principal and NIS 223 million (US$ 65 million) of interest and CPI-linked expenses. Dividends Received from Bezeq On May 19, 2011, B Communications received two dividends from Bezeq totaling NIS 520 million (US$ 152 million) that consisted of:
- Current dividend totaling NIS 363 million (US$ 106 million), representing B Communications’ share of Bezeq’s net profit for the second half of 2010; and
- Special dividend totaling NIS 157 million (US$ 46 million), the first of six equal special dividends to be paid with no interest or index adjustments on a semi-annual basis through 2013, totaling approximately NIS 3 billion (US$ 878 million) over a three year period, as declared by Bezeq's Board of Directors and approved by the Israeli Court.
|As of June 30, 2011|
|(NIS millions)||(US$ millions)|
|Short term liabilities||478||140|
|Long term liabilities||4,242||1,242|
|Cash and cash equivalents||394||115|
|Total net debt||4,326||1,267|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV