HOUSTON, Aug. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Baker Hughes Incorporated (NYSE:BHI) President and Chief Operating Officer Martin Craighead has been appointed to the Baker Hughes Board of Directors, effective August 1, 2011.
On April 28, 2011, Baker Hughes announced that effective Jan. 1, 2012, Martin Craighead will succeed Chad Deaton as Chief Executive Officer, becoming CEO and President of Baker Hughes at that time.
"For over 25 years, Martin has been a highly effective contributor at Baker Hughes and I have full confidence that his leadership and strategic vision will continue to carry Baker Hughes forward as a leading oil and natural gas services company," said Chad Deaton, Chairman of the Board and CEO. "Naming Martin to our Board of Directors supports our transition process as he takes on the CEO role in January."
"On behalf of the entire Board, I welcome Martin joining the Baker Hughes Board of Directors," said H. John Riley, Lead Director. "For the past seven years Chad Deaton has grown the company and delivered excellent performance. We look forward to building on that legacy as Martin assumes leadership of the organization in 2012."Biographical Information Martin Craighead, 51, has been with the company since 1986 serving as President since 2010 and Chief Operating Officer since 2009, Senior Vice President from 2009 to 2010, Group Vice President of Drilling and Evaluation beginning in 2007, Vice President of the company from 2005 until 2009, and in various officer positions with numerous Baker Hughes subsidiaries as well as leadership roles in a wide variety of product lines both in the US and internationally. Baker Hughes provides reservoir consulting, drilling, formation evaluation, completions, pressure pumping, and production products and services to the worldwide oil and gas industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV