The company now sees earnings growth of 5% for 2011, down from a prior forecast for growth of 5-to-10%.
The stock was last quoted at $14.90, down 10.4%, on volume of more than 160,000, according to Nasdaq.com. Year-to-date, the shares were already down 4%.
McGraw-Hill (MHP) shares rose in late trades following a report that major shareholders plan to push the publishing company toward a reorganization.
According to The Wall Street Journal, hedge fund Jana Partners and the Ontario Teachers' Pension Plans want the company to separate its textbook operations from its Standard & Poor's ratings unit. The investors have increased their joint stake in McGraw-Hill to 5.2% of its outstanding stock, the WSJ article said.The stock was up almost 6% to $43.80 on volume of around 60,000 in extended trading. The shares have risen nearly 15% so far this year. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV