And much like an army of ants will react to a group of kids pouring water on their den, short sellers will do the same once a stock reverses course and begins moving up. They literally scatter in each and every direction looking for cover. This causes explosive moves in a stock that would otherwise be impossible without the help of short sellers adding fuel to the upside by covering their positions.
For this reason, the list of stocks that aggressive traders or investors should get long must involve short sellers. It is your job to use their blind aggression to create substantial profits over short periods of time. You become the bully.
I outlined recently some concern I have for the possibility of downside in the markets over the next few weeks. With that in mind, it is never too early to begin looking for those stocks that have been the strongest during the most recent rally and have been attracting the watchful eye of short sellers, as exhibited by a greater than average short interest percentage.
All of the stocks listed below have been extraordinarily strong and are exhibiting a good deal of doubt with respect to their moves up. Short sellers will surely pile on as they fall, should the market decide to decline further. They should be on your list of prospective stocks to buy when and if the market does dip:
- Autonation (AN - Get Report)
- Baidu (BIDU - Get Report)
- Berry Petroleum (BRY)
- Changyou.com (CYOU - Get Report)
- 51job Inc. (JOBS - Get Report)
- Linkedin (LNKD - Get Report)
- Liquidity Services (LQDT - Get Report)
- Netflix (NFLX - Get Report)
- Pricesmart (PSMT - Get Report)
- Quality Systems (QSII - Get Report)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts