Forest Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: FRX) (“Forest”) today announced that its Board of Directors has sent a letter to all Forest shareholders in connection with the Company’s Annual Meeting on August 18, 2011. The letter highlights Forest’s strong financial performance, robust and diversified product pipeline and highly-qualified slate of director nominees, which includes seven incumbent directors and three new candidates. Forest’s Board of Directors recommends shareholders vote for Forest’s nominees on the WHITE proxy card.
For information about Forest’s 2011 Annual Meeting of Shareholders, please visit: www.FRX2011annualmeeting.com.
The text of the letter follows:
August 1, 2011Dear Fellow Shareholders, We write to ask for your support at our upcoming Annual Meeting. Forest has nominated ten candidates for election to our Board, including three highly regarded and accomplished new independent nominees. As you may be aware, Carl Icahn, a 7% shareholder, has nominated an alternative slate of four candidates. Your Board recommends that you reject Icahn’s hand-picked designees and support all ten of Forest’s candidates, who are committed to acting in the best interests of all Forest shareholders, not just Mr. Icahn’s. PLEASE VOTE THE WHITE CARD TO SUPPORT FOREST’S HIGHLY QUALIFIED NOMINEES Forest is Performing Well and Positioned for Long-Term Growth The Forest Board and management team continue to drive positive financial and operational results. The Company recently reported strong fiscal 2012 first quarter results, highlighted by an 8.2% increase in net sales and a 9.5% increase in adjusted non-GAAP earnings per share. In addition, we recently have achieved significant milestones in the advancement of our pipeline products, including:
- the initiation of the scientific launches to health care professionals for our newest products, Daliresp and Viibryd, which both became available to patients in June;
- the filing of a New Drug Application (NDA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for aclidinium, for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD);
- the imminent filing of another NDA for linaclotide for the treatment of chronic constipation and irritable bowel syndrome; and
- the announcement of very positive preliminary top-line results from a Phase III study of levomilnacipran for the treatment of adults with major depressive disorder.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV