Green Plains Renewable Energy Inc. Stock Downgraded (GPRE)
- GREEN PLAINS RENEWABLE ENRGY's earnings per share declined by 48.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GREEN PLAINS RENEWABLE ENRGY increased its bottom line by earning $1.52 versus $0.78 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 45.4% in earnings ($0.83 versus $1.52).
- The gross profit margin for GREEN PLAINS RENEWABLE ENRGY is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.60% trails that of the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GREEN PLAINS RENEWABLE ENRGY's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.03 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.68 million to $4.98 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts