Chesapeake Energy Corp. Stock Upgraded (CHK)
- 46.80% is the gross profit margin for CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CHK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CHK's net profit margin of 15.30% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 83.78% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 58.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 99.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $255.00 million to $509.00 million.
- CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $2.54 versus -$9.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.96 versus $2.54).
- CHK's very impressive revenue growth exceeded the industry average of 42.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV