2. Your Retirement Fund
IBIS identifies retirement and pension plans as likely to be positively affected by a default. While existing bond holdings could take a hit on a downgrade, over the long term the gains from higher interest income will help, according to Molavi.
Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board, California Public Employees' Retirement System, California State Teachers' Retirement System and The New York State and Local Retirement System are listed as key major players.
Separately, IBIS also lists open-end investment funds as likely beneficiaries. That includes companies like Blackrock (BLK), which manages $3.7 trillion in assets and is a major player in fixed income markets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV